[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Changes in Base for upcoming 3.6
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Changes in Base for upcoming 3.6
- From: Alexander Thurgood <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 19:43:16 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a heads up to people working on Base documentation.
- database reports can now be designed with positioning accuracy to
1Oths of a millimeter. The code has been changed to force a round-up to
the nearest 10th of millimeter in any given X,Y coordinate of a control ;
- hsqldb embedded databases will now systematically be subjected to a
"checkpoint" and/or "checkpoint defrag" on saving of the database file.
The aim with this change is to force hsqldb to optimize the size of the
db, especially where frequent deletions of data sets are carried out.
With a bit of luck, it might actually bring long-term benefits like
increased data security and stability (he says, crossing fingers). There
may well be a performance hit when closing the ODB file, especially on
big databases, but the developer who implemented this change feels that
people who want to manipulate large datasets should be using something a
bit more appropriate than an embedded hsqldb...
There has been some other stuff recently, most noticeably, bug fixes,
but I haven't been following all of that.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Eliminate points in Draw
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide Chapter 4: Using styles and templates in Calc
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide chapter 3: Creating charts and graphs
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide Chapter 4: Using styles and templates in Calc