[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation on website www.libreoffice.org
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation on website www.libreoffice.org
- From: Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 06:05:43 +1000
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 18/04/2012, at 4:01, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> our website www.libreoffice.org shows some documentation . These are all(?) for Version 3.3.
> There is no hint
> a) that it is for 3.3 and
> b) that we also have some for 3.4 (and in near time some for 3.5).
> Should we announce the documentation
> - only for 3.3 or
> - always for the newest version
> - or for both (and if so what will we do when 3.5 is on air)?
> Or will it be better to link directly from the page to the wiki ?
>  https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation
>  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
I had been thinking recently about the same problem. IMO the easiest, and clearest, solution for the user would be to rewrite what's on the website and link to the wiki page. I'll do that later this week if no one objects.
I'm also thinking that the wiki page may soon need some modification, perhaps splitting it into 2 (or, later, more) pages. A third column, for v3.5 docs, may require some users to scroll horizontally, not a desirable situation. Another possibility is to amend the text in the columns slightly to reduce their width, though I don't think that will save enough space.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation on website www.libreoffice.org||Tom Davies <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Documentation on website www.libreoffice.org||klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Draw Guide 3.4
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Draw Guide 3.4
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation on website www.libreoffice.org
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation on website www.libreoffice.org