[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Reminder for reviewers: be sure you have the correct version of the software
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Reminder for reviewers: be sure you have the correct version of the software
- From: Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:09:25 +1000
- To: Documentation@global.libreoffice.org
Getting Started and Writer Guide are being finalised for LO v3.4.5, so
you will need that version of the software, NOT v3.5, which is the
latest version available from the LO website. If you don't already
have v3.4.5, you can get it here (for Windows):
or hunt around a bit for similar pages for Mac or Linux.
Other books are now being updated for LO v3.5, so you will need that
version when reviewing. Please use the en-US file, NOT one of the
other English versions, to ensure that screenshots and spelling are
the same for everyone. There are a few examples taken from the en-GB
version still in the files that IMO we should change, for consistency.
There are some significant differences in the user interface between v
3.4.x and v3.5, so please be sure you are using the correct version.
Also, if you are doing screenshots, be sure you are using the correct
LO icon set (Galaxy) for consistency.
As soon as we have finished with GS and WG for v3.4.x, we can start
updating them for v3.5. Anyone who would like to start doing that now,
please use as a starting point the published chapters of those books
that are on the wiki,
We have not yet compiled a list of known items needing updating to
v3.5, as we did for v3.4, so you'll need to do a bit more research.
You may find this page useful:
Lastly, please see the Contributor's Guide, particularly the chapter
"Producing LibreOffice User Guides" for other consistency tips:
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Reminder for reviewers: be sure you have the correct version of the software||Tom Davies <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Writer guide chapter 7
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Ping JohnS: Writer Guide Chapter 6 latest iteration
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] ePUB for Getting Started with Base
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Reminder for reviewers: be sure you have the correct version of the software