[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- From: David Nelson <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:13:10 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: floeff <email@example.com>, "Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Given that we're talking about such a fundamental thing as a change of
license in new LibreOffice documentation, I still reckon it would be
natural to involve the BoD in discussing the idea...
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Jean Weber <email@example.com> wrote:
> The existing user guides are licensed the same as the OOo guides they were derived from, and the templates include this licensing information on the Copyright page (GPL and CC-BY dual license).
> NEW documents, however, could be licensed differently. I propose that new docs be dual licensed CC-BY-SA (preferred by LibreOffice) and Apache (so our work can be reused by Apache OpenOffice and other products).
> If this group agrees, or if there are no objections, I will change the template. Any new docs created from the template would then show the new license info.
> Note 1: Changing copyright (license) info in the template will not change it in existing docs, even when they are updated to a new template. Styles and footers change, but existing text in the body of the docs does not.
> Note 2: We can't change the license on existing docs without contacting the original contributors and getting their agreement. However, that doesn't prevent us from licensing new docs differently.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents||Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Licensing for NEW documents||Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents||Jean Weber <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Licensing for NEW documents
- Next by Date: RE: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Licensing for NEW documents
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Licensing for NEW documents
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Licensing for NEW documents