[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- From: David Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:54:59 +0200
- To: email@example.com
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The existing user guides are licensed the same as the OOo guides they were derived from, and the templates include this licensing information on the Copyright page (GPL and CC-BY dual license).
> NEW documents, however, could be licensed differently. I propose that new docs be dual licensed CC-BY-SA (preferred by LibreOffice) and Apache (so our work can be reused by Apache OpenOffice and other products).
> If this group agrees, or if there are no objections, I will change the template. Any new docs created from the template would then show the new license info.
> Note 1: Changing copyright (license) info in the template will not change it in existing docs, even when they are updated to a new template. Styles and footers change, but existing text in the body of the docs does not.
> Note 2: We can't change the license on existing docs without contacting the original contributors and getting their agreement. However, that doesn't prevent us from licensing new docs differently.
The thought comes to me that maybe it would be a good idea to consult
the BoD about this question? I'm fairly certain they'll have input to
offer about licensing issues...
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents||Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents||Jean Weber <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Getting Started Guide in Portuguese (pt-br)
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents