[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- From: Jay Lozier <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:06:11 -0500
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 11/25/2011 02:01 PM, Jean Weber wrote:
The existing user guides are licensed the same as the OOo guides they were derived from, and the templates include this licensing information on the Copyright page (GPL and CC-BY dual license).I assume the practical differences between GPL and Apache for the users and contributors are trivial, practically non-existent. The main item is that derivative works are allowed with proper attribution.
NEW documents, however, could be licensed differently. I propose that new docs be dual licensed CC-BY-SA (preferred by LibreOffice) and Apache (so our work can be reused by Apache OpenOffice and other products).
If this group agrees, or if there are no objections, I will change the template. Any new docs created from the template would then show the new license info.
Note 1: Changing copyright (license) info in the template will not change it in existing docs, even when they are updated to a new template. Styles and footers change, but existing text in the body of the docs does not.
Note 2: We can't change the license on existing docs without contacting the original contributors and getting their agreement. However, that doesn't prevent us from licensing new docs differently.
I do not see any real issue with the change.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents||Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Hello
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Licensing for NEW documents