Impress Guide Image Rebranding

Chapters 7-11 are ready to have images updated. As with the other chapters,
I left comment boxes to indicate which images need to be changed and why.
Chapter 12 did not contain any images. Jean, I'm probably talking to you. :smiley:

Some issues I had:

1) I did not change the links to the OOo extensions page in the Impress
Guide. If someone could provide me with the link to a LibreOffice extensions
page, I would be happy to go back through and update this little loose end.
2) Chapter 8 of the Impress Guide is incomplete. It ends in the middle of a
list of instructions. This might already be something we are aware of...
3) Using discussions on Alfresco is tedious. Does anyone have any tips for
navigating discussions, or for how to receive notifications when a
discussion is updated?

I'm going to go work on some creative writing, and after that I'll start on
a post for the LibreOffice blog.

Thanks for letting me get involved with this!

~Elliot

Chapters 7-11 are ready to have images updated. As with the other chapters,
I left comment boxes to indicate which images need to be changed and why.
Chapter 12 did not contain any images. Jean, I'm probably talking to you. :smiley:

Some issues I had:

1) I did not change the links to the OOo extensions page in the Impress
Guide. If someone could provide me with the link to a LibreOffice extensions
page, I would be happy to go back through and update this little loose end.

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/

I've been replacing this where I notice it.

2) Chapter 8 of the Impress Guide is incomplete. It ends in the middle of a
list of instructions. This might already be something we are aware of...

It's complete in my copy, though the last page appears to have a step
number (9) that should not be numbered.

3) Using discussions on Alfresco is tedious. Does anyone have any tips for
navigating discussions, or for how to receive notifications when a
discussion is updated?

I don't know the answer to that one.

BTW, you appear to have missed doing two of the steps in the rebranding:
(1) Changing the appearance of the Tips, Note, Cautions, and tables of
data, instructions for which should be in the "How to Rebrand..."
document. I've made Table AutoFormats and apply them to the relevant
tables; changing the formatting manually for each table would be silly
and lead to inconsistencies.
(2) Changing the style "Chapter x (Title) blah blah" to "Chapter x,
Title, blah blah".

I've been fixing these as I notice them.

I'm going to go work on some creative writing, and after that I'll start on
a post for the LibreOffice blog.

Sounds good.

Thanks for letting me get involved with this!

Thanks for your help!

--Jean

Not only did I mess up on the table, I'm looking at the numbering and for
some reason the documents have merged all number lists into one massive
number list. I'm so sorry this happened. I'll go back and fix them.
Hopefully, I'll figure out what I did wrong.

None of the Impress Guide files are checked out, so I'm assuming you're
working on something else at the moment. I've just done some work on
Chapter 7 and will continue through the others, unless I hear from you
differently. I sure hope I'm not duplicating something you're doing!

--Jean

You're not. I'm having discussions with literary agents right now. And
passing back and forth manuscripts.

Sorry. It take major priority.

And rightly so! Good luck with your endeavours.

--Jean

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Just so we're clear. I'll still be around. If you need something done
immediately and there's no one else, contact me directly.