[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call
- From: Leo Moons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:47:06 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Op 20/11/2010 9:40, David Nelson schreef:
Hi, :-)Great idea. I added my hours in Doodle.
The "marketing team" have been holding conference calls to discuss
ideas and on-going business. I think people have found it a good way
to exchange opinions and information quickly, and have also found it a
great way to get to know each other better and develop a team spirit.
Of course, there are almost certainly people who prefer just to do
their contributing without having that kind of interaction with other
But I'd like to suggest organizing a conference call for documentation
contributors - at least as a one-time thing (we could discuss the idea
of regular or periodic conferences during the call). Some reasons for
doing this are as follows:
1) I'd like to talk to some of the more-long-standing contributors and
get a better idea of what material and resources the project already
has, and what we could usefully work on developing.
2) We could get an idea of how many active documentation contributors
there actually are in the LibO community.
3) We could talk about workflows, and try and establish who would like
to play what role(s).
4) We can discuss working rules and conventions, to help new
contributors like me get up to speed more quickly.
5) We can talk about the above more quickly than via posts to the
mailing list, and can then follow up with further development of what
we discuss, on the mailing list and on the wiki. If anyone's
interested, we can also work live on a Google Wave (I could provide a
place to do that temporarily until the project gets its own Wave
resource, and we can make the Wave public).
Any reactions about all that?
If people seem favorable, I can follow up with Florian Effenberger to
arrange for access to the Talkyoo channel, we can set up a poll to see
when the best date and time is (hopefully in the *very near* future),
and I can create a wiki page where we can work-up an agenda.
Nous sommes condamnés à être libres
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/documentation/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call||David Nelson <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call||David Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation conference call