Andreas Kainz is the maintainer of Breeze icons. He did not only
submit the LibreOffice icons in Breeze style but also most of the
icons for KDE software. Colors are reserved for the app level in
Breeze, functions are basically monochrome. I challenged him two years
ago with the idea of a colorized Breeze set- and will not stop to poke
him. The colors would need to be defined according the functional
scope, e.g. style stuff in blue, device things in green etc. Another
issue with the set reported by users is that line strokes are very
thin. And we want to have the set in different sizes with a level of
detail depending on it. Hell of work, altogether.

Why don'tyou ask for help of the KDE guys to make a new colored Breeze
theme? They've created a bunch of colored icons to use on desktop maybe LO
could use something similar?
Or ask them for help to change the icons to increase legibility so that it
can be adopted as the default theme in Windows? The adoption rate of W10 has
been quite big and occured very fast so adopting a theme that suits it
better than to legacy W7 with an ever decreasing market share would make
sense...