On 12/28/2016 07:00 PM, jan iversen wrote:
Are you sure this is a good idea, we cannot integrate personal
notebookbars into the product repo. At least you should state very
clearly, that changing e.g. the ui files will most likely not be
accepted as a patch and thus they need to maintain their own
version.

We announced MUFFIN as perfectly suited for user configurations. It is an experimental feature but
not documented. The intention is to make noise, and ideally to find people who try out the feature.
The possible results are not intended as an addition to the factory settings. And I guess we do not
receive any good Notebookbar. But who knows, perhaps someone (re)joins the team...

If people want to do this kind of customization, it should be done
as an extension, the .uno commands are your least problem.

Definitely, and I'm the first to promote extensions :-). But the whole concept with ui files is
under investigation, and we need to find a proper way of configuration first.

Thanks for reading anyway. I will go over the summary and add a sentence for clarification.