It's just that LO has so many great icon sets that people spent so many
hours working on, that it just dissapoints me that this work is mostly
ignored by the majority of users that won't ever change the default icon
set from Tango, which has existed for ages and looks dated (even with the
current improvements).

Heck, Tango is starting to not even look integrated in Gnome 3 since, the
design paradigm of gnome has changed as well. Breeze is a much more modern
icon set, just as Sifr is, and they were both the result of work from LO
contributors and not a legacy icon set adopted from AOO (even if Tango also
received multiple improvements along the way).

And I mean, with the amazing work that all of you did in the past few years
on the UI of LO, the building blocks to present new default UIs and give
users the option between default UIs adjusted to their preferences in
workflow are all there.

The Sidebar has been vastly improved. The single toolbar mode was
integrated. There is a bunch of different icon sets that adjust to old OSes
or to new OSes...
And the Notebookbar is coming along.

The KDE DE has an option of "themes" that changes a few presets. Something
similar could be presented to LO users at first boot.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Pedro Rosmaninho <mota.prego@gmail.com>