Dear Designers,

my name is Antonino Provenzano and I am student of Media & Computer Science at
the University of Kaiserslautern in Zweibrücken. This semester I am writing
a paper. For this paper, I would like to interview three Designers, who
work on LibreOffice. Why you? Because your opinion is important for me too.
Furthermore, I would like know, more about your knowledge and experience.

*What I want to achieve?*

I want to unterstand how an open source project like LiebreOffice is
organized. The main focus is on the communication between designer and
developer. I want to figure out how the cooperation between these both
areas works. Furthermore, I would like to know your opinion about Open
Source and Usability. Which methods are being used in LibreOffice to
improve the GUI and why?

*The personal reason, why I do this:*

I love the idea of Open Source. I am involved in the Unix Group at the
University of Kaiserslautern in Zweibrücken and in the leisure, I work a
lot with Open Source software.

*Does the survey take?*

15-20 Minutes.

*My questions are:*

- What is your motivation for working on LibreOffice?

- How many hours per week do you work on LibreOffice?

- Why do you choose LibreOffice and not another Open Source project?

- Did you work on other Open Source projects before?

- Are there any differences between LibreOffice and the other project?

- How many years of design experience do you have?

- How is the communication with the developers?

- How handle developer criticism/proposals?

- How long do the developers need to answer you?

- Which usability evaluation methods are used in LibreOffice?

- What is your opinion on Open Source Software and Usability?

- Does the LibreOffice need more volunteers?

- Which proposals can you give a person who newly starts in the LibreOffice
project as a designer?

- If you had one wish to improve LibreOffice, what would it be?

*Data protection:*

Your answers will be strictly confidential, unauthorized third parties get
no insight into the data collection. By access regulation as well as
technical and organizational measures a privacy protection compliance use
of personalized data is ensured. Answering of the questions is done
anonymously. Traceability of information and results on single individuals
is excluded. The answers will be stored digitally and evaluated
anonymously. The evaluation includes a statistical analysis of the
individual questions, an evaluation of possible correlations and a final
publication as well as a presentation of results. With the collected data,
the principles of appropriateness, the necessity and proportionality of the
processing of personal data are respected.

If you’re interested, feel free to write a private email to me. Thank you
for your patience.

Kind regards

Antonino