On Freitag, 25. März 2016 01:29:46 CET toki wrote:
On 24/03/2016 09:29, Heiko Tietze wrote:
Can you redo the charts in colour, rather than B&W.
Sure. But why?
Improve3s readability/ease of understanding.
And what color?
Each one a different colour.
Too many colors are rather confusing. I asked the questions because color has
always to convey a distinct information.
However, I could use the LibO green instead of black/gray; not a perfect color
for diagrams IMHO. Other opinions?

I'm afraid of making the post lengthy, more than it is. It also might be
hard to find good citations. Most replies are just one-worders.
Use numbered end notes.   That way people who glaze over notes know that
they can stop reading, without losing any content, whilst those who want
more information, can have pointers to it.
In a blog post we do not have footnotes. Maybe endnotes. And even in this case
we would have to deal with answers like

"Writing technical documents, with diagrams, schematics and mathematical
formulas."
"Draw schemes for math books, network diagrams, UML schemes, database/software
relationships diagrams.But not CAD-drawings."
"Creating the schemes of biological processes, which represents the math model
behind them."
"Creating mathematical constructions and illustrations."

"Some things i think can be improved:better performancemore comfortable
formula editor and math typesettinggood-looking predefined styles for
shapesmaybe some geometric tools like snapping a line to normal or tangent of
a curve or circle"
"I don't know, I honestly think Libreoffice should partner with Inkscape instead
of Draw and Kexi instead of base. Both are great FOSS solutions that
compliment LO's superior document and spreadsheet editors. Base is in an
embarrassing states (see: AOO level quality), and I always try Draw, get
frustrated by the lack of granularity in movement, and switch to Inkscape.In
that sense your suggestion to focus on Flow Chart development may make sense
here. Maybe combine Math and Draw into one product branding."

By more comprehensive, I mean things like stating that the House Plan is
part of a 3D model, created using LibO. If possible, point to a tutorial
that describes how to use Draw to create house plans.
I think TDF has to write those tutorials. My hope was that the categorization
of use cases (block diagram, vector graphics, presentations/DTP, pixel
manipulation) introduced in this article is really innovative and would be a
good starting point.

"mathematical Constructions" was something I didn't expect to see. I'm
assuming this refers to creating a math formula, that is beyond the
current capability/functionality of the Math component of LibO.
Clarification that that is what is meant would be useful.
I was surprised as well. This is one of the curiosities of open ended
questions: you get answers that probably come from the fact that people do not
know the right solution. The citations above are what the participants said in
respect to "mathematical constructions".
BTW: Another example of missed functionality is the curved connector. This
feature was requested more than once but we have it. Maybe it was introduced
in one of the latest releases. That's what I meant with "Some features were
demanded by the participants but have been integrated (or are just hidden).
Maybe I have overlooked something and still request an existing feature."
I "translated" this request into "better handling of curved connector lines".

Do you have a list of all of the different use cases that were provided
in the survey?  If so, can you add them at to the missing documentation
page at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Documentation_missing

If you don't, then, assuming that
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByWdNpQKVjM8bF91TGJCUXlFUk0/view?pref=2&pli
=1 is still live, I can grab the data, and create the use cases to add to
that list.
My intention was to summarize in terms of use-cases. And the article should
contain all high-level things. Not sure if it is exhaustive, but you should be
able to get an idea yourself from the results. If you take the text analysis
document you may use the auto filter. All files are up to date.

Cheers,
Heiko