Hi Dave,

On 02/23/2016 05:18 PM, Dave wrote:
For those of us that loath and detest the IBM sidebar, only marginally
less than the MSO ribbon, please add one more option, OR replace the
existing "( ) No, I tried it but prefer toolbars." option, in the first
question with:
( ) Yes, Only because I am forced to use it.

I included that option in the question, as many users have tried out the sidebar and choose not to use it when it comes to properties. Users who prefer toolbars arent forced to use the sidebar. Yes the styles & formatting and gallery are now exclusively in the sidebar, but users can open it and close it just like before it was in the sidebar.

Also, even before the IBM sidebar came into LO, LO had a sidebar-type panel in Impress, so in that app, yes there was no way out of not using it when it come to assigning slide transitions and custom animations.

Yousuf