Hallo Heiko,

some aspects are missing:

* Tools besides Layer. They are essential for me. E.g.: Duplicate, Point manipulation, interactive gradient, various kind of transparency, 3D-Scenes, several snap features, alignment, position&size, transformations, 3000% zoom, text along path, raster to vector converter, master page elements.

* Import and export, e.g. I use Draw for export to svg and to import svg and do not use Inkscape.

* What size of drawings are used?

* What is the target medium? usual (home-) printer, print on large paper (Din A0) or to plotter, making postcards, prepare for external book printing, produce ebooks, prepare drawings for websites,...

* How often does the user need help to perform a task; where does he get help.

* What does the user miss in Draw? (e.g. real CMKY, full featured text incl. Math formula, easier handling of ...)

* Does the user use another application similar to Draw instead of Draw?

In the current questions there are some terms, which I think should be improved:

"Simple outlines": The word "outline" is used for "document structure" in Writer and is confusing here.

"wireframes" and "form controls" do not fit together, so the question is unclear.

"Flowchart": I would add "organigram" and delete "hierarchical".

"Freeform curves": That is only a very special kind of curve and not the most important one. Important are paths and Bezier curves.

I would enumerate the questions in kind k/n (k-th question of n questions total)

I'm a Draw power user.

Kind regards
Regina

Heiko Tietze schrieb:
Hi folks,

some time ago we talked about dogfooding. Unfortunately it never comes to a
publication but we realized that Draw is kind of a strange beast.

To understand how users understand the tool and what they expect in the
future I prepared a blog post and a survey. And I'd ask you to check both.
Is there anything to improve? Do you have any other question that fit into
the current topic (not too detailed stuff)?

The draft for the text can be found at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W6aIpZhQo7j33f8W3p_nXLAd6tamwjtUxZFx77jArcU/edit#
and the survey running in test mode (data will not be counted for the
result) here
http://user-weave.com/survey/83bc38b278fe4d25be035bb5ae42fa01?27

Would be great when we can decide on Friday about the publication.

Cheers,
Heiko