Hi guys,

Not really related to your landing page (web), just a personal reflection shared
with coworkers and well known Belgian marketing gurus from my startup incubator:

1. Do not use a splash screen with a version number in it. The end user does not
care about which version he has, for him/her this is just LibreOffice. Moreover,
this is counterproductive as it tends to confuse the end user.
If I'm not mistaken, the current "LibreOffice 5" landing splash screen does not
respect the official LibreOffice colors. The green is to flashy. [1]

2. The same applies for the "5" picture in the About dialog box. Stupid.

3. The same with the "5" appearing when LibreOffice is launched (not via a
submodule like Writer or Calc). The recent document view, when empty, should
just recall this is just LibreOffice not "5". 5 is not a trademark like HTML5 is.

4. The green color on your Plone (? IIRC) website does not respect your branding
guideline neither.

On the website, the RGB value is rgb(0, 165, 0), while it should be rgb(24,163,3).

I already reported that issue at the time you migrated away from your old
website end even in person to the guys I saw personally at FOSDEM last year, but
no update on that topic.

As I won't be at FOSDEM this year, I wouldn't have the ability to remind you
this topic again, so consider this message as a reminder for this year ;-)

5. Pixinko, the development and communication company I co-founded a few months
ago is willing to help. Feel free to ping me in the future if you need web
related fixes.

In this regard, as I'm a fervent Twitter user (@wget42), it should be nice if I
could get access to the LibreOffice twitter account. Picture sizes have changed
on Twitter since their UI refresh from last year, all LibreOffice pictures are
now looking pixillated. *awful*.

Pixinko can also help in becoming a community manager. I follow the project and
TDF since 2010. The problem is that LibreOffice isn't aggressive enough on
Twitter. Confrontations with Office should be encouraged.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

Regards,

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table

--