Hello Heiko and Michel

On Friday, 15 January 2016 11:49:26 CET Michel RENON wrote:
Please note that I was talking about "use cases, prototypes, user
testing and iterate", not surveys.
That's my daily business too. But for LibO, and any other open source
application, you cannot run the development based on usability tests.

Why not ? We don't have users ?

Actually I see two ways for doing that :

   - Using LibreOffice workshop, and works with users. For example in my
   city, Toulouse, we have someone (Michel) with Writer/Calc workshop, are you
   saying that it will be useless ?
   - Second way is by using our users "big users" (French Gendarmerie,
   Nantes, Toulouse, Hambourg, Italy Army...), and ask them some time for
   working with them on LO ? Why not trying ? In France some big users plans
   to pay developers to improve LO, this is an opportunity for testing this
   method.

If I find users for doing that, Michel or Heiko do you want to try ?

Cheers

What we
do is to analyze user replies on various sources when a release has been
published (what Stuart describes). And we do also listen to people like
Italo
who asked several customers/students how to handle Impress (I believe a
little
bit more methodology wouldn't harm the results).
And we do have use cases, for example [1], maybe not every time and esp.
not
when something is just redesigned with the restriction to keep all
functions.
But in this case we carefully list all functions and issues, e.g [2].
Improvable? Yes, of course.

If I take time to define some use cases, will design team use them ?
Sure. Rather call it scenarios when not related to a special task and add
this
to the HIG.

[1] http://user-prompt.com/tracking-changes-with-libreoffice/
[2]