Le 14/01/2016 10:48, Italo Vignoli a écrit :
On 14/01/16 10:20, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:

If you are ok with that, I'll prepare a patch to show the tab bar by default.

Sorry, it's not "me" being OK with the solution, "users" should be OK
with the solution (and users have not been asked at all: the fact that
is all documented on GitHub or in other esotheric places that users do
not access - users are not developers - is a gigantic bullshit).

Michael's solution is a nice one (of course, this is a gut feeling, as
this is only a mockup), but I suppose it is too late to implement it for
LibreOffice 5.1, and test it appropriately.

So, showing the Mode Tab Bar by default, showing the Mode Tab Bar Switch
icon by default, and moving both icons in a better place in the toolbar
(at the moment, it is not clear at all how to switch from on view to the
other, and at first I thought that the bar had disappeared because of a
regression) are probably feasible for LibreOffice 5.1.

Maybe, a better place is close to the Format Page/Slide & Slide Master
icons, as the operations are rather similar. The actual position, in
between Undo/Redo and Find & Replace, is just insane (and no one is able
to find it: tested on over 30 people, all trainers).

I agree with you that moving the icon elsewhere in the toolbar is the
only possible thing for the moment, we are in hard code freeze period,
so no possibility to change more than this.
When working on a slide desk last week, I didn't found it difficult to
switch in the View menu, what annoy me is that the choice is not retained.
That said, there is again a communication issue concerning those
important changes. We should work to document those changes more
prominently than in the releases notes or git and have these
documentations ready for the alpha/beta stage so this can be
communicated via several channels before the hard code freeze.
Would it be possible to discuss this during the next meeting?
Cheers
Sophie

GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi