@Pedro

El 10-11-2015 12:41, Pedro Rosmaninho escribió:

If you don't like it, fine. If other people prefer it and actually
contribute based on their preferences then their opinion counts as much as
your if you're a contributor.

Please we contribute to the discussion. If you read my arguments, I know beyond liking or not liking that option.

I do not say otherwise. it is convenient to operate in a toolbar, not in the sidebar, so I proposed a toolbar >>like google-docs.

​To you. Other people find it more convenient to operate in the Sidebar. I give strong preference to the Sidebar >because it uses space in my 16:9 displays a lot better than having 2 or 3 toolbars. So don't presume that your >way is the best just because you use more and then want to remove all other options.​

Again, if you read my arguments, you would know that:

- I also strongly support the sidebar, however, it does not seem desirable to have "duplicate functions" for the styles in Writer documents. Therefore, I am in favor of improving the panel "Styles and Formatting" and not additionally add a dropdown menu to apply styles in the properties panel. (Redundant also considering adding a menu of styles in version 5.1).

- I never mention use many toolbars, on the contrary I propose a single tool bar, similar to that used in google-docs. In that context a dropdown menu would be useful. The other tools appear depending on the context of use in the sidebar.

- The current functions of styles in the properties panel seem limited. If you use styles actively, always you end up using the panel "Styles and Formatting". Should continue developing, we have the same functions in two different sections of the sidebar (property panel and panel styles and formatting), which to me seems inconvenient. Should continue developing, we have the same functions in two different sections of the sidebar (property panel and styles and formatting panel), which to me seems inconvenient.

See:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Styles-menu.png

@Pedro What do you think about that?

Cheers