Hi all,

Bastián Díaz wrote on 18-10-15 04:59:
It seems fantastic that decision, but revives my doubts about the
inclusion some time ago of a dropdown menu of basic styles in the
properties tab on the sidebar. What is its purpose or use cases?

Incidentally I thought about this control this morning (we looked at it
at a NL_LibreOffice meeting yesterday).
I like the current improvement and think it can be extended, so that in
the side bar you can chose (at least):
- show (thus edit) properties of style or text as displayed.
and (maybe):
- allow choosing paragraph or character styles (or all styles) with the
little icons, as in the styles and formatting panel..
and when we are that far ... also choose between style properties and
style list...

Of course then we need more vertical space (extra controls above the
styles drop down, and a separator below + an indicator showing: edit
style properties / edit text (direct) formatting or somesuch.

Then the whole panel could maybe renamed from
"- Properties" to "- Formatting",
the upper sub panel "- Styles" and the next one (below a new 'separator'
"- Properties".

This would improve working with styles. You see immediately what you're
changing.

(Additional notes
- the only reason I have a toolbar active, is that I can see/use the
"Apply style" list.
- would be great if that control in side bar could (eventually) also be
accessed with Ctrl+F11. )

Ideas?

Cheers - Cor

NB Thanks for asking Bastián, was  on my mind already a long time that I
wanted to work on clearer ideas for this subject. Now thanks to the
meeting yesterday and your question it just happened :)
PS I know there is an issue for this. But I'm a sort of finishing stuff
before a week holiday. So leave the idea here.)

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org