On 05/10/2015 16:55, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos wrote:
Italo, our branding is pretty clear in LibreOffice’s Start Center
(also one of the first things users see), icons, and About screen. I
don’t know why you think is “weak” (whatever that means) as we’ve got
coverage in many of the world’s news sources.

Our coverage is less than one fourth of Microsoft Office coverage, which
makes it weak in relation with the objective of making all
Windows/Office users aware of LibreOffice (most of the coverage derives
from the media relations activity under my responsibility, and I know
that we will start to be visible only when we will be able to reach at
least 50% of Microsoft coverage).

(Look, I have a reason to call our branding “weak”: TDF decided to
unilaterally put there a meaningless, in-your-face number “5”, and
throw away our brand colors, without consulting designers who
submitted designs.)

Well, normal users do like the new splash screen. This is the first time
that my wife has noticed it, although she has been using LibreOffice
since the first version.

If we’re to keep an obsolete UI paradign such as the splash screen, it
should at least be minimal, as Mirek suggested years ago [1]

[1]: https://clickortap.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/citrus-splash.png?w=150&h=84

I do not think that the splash screen is obsolete, at  least for the
normal user. Microsoft Office has a splash screen, so we should have one
(if Microsoft keeps the splash screen, there must be a reason, and in
any case we are addressing Microsoft users and not Linux users who might
not be used to splash screens but are already using LibreOffice).

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
mobile +39.348.5653829 - email / jabber italo@libreoffice.org