Hi Heiko,

I got a very few replies.

Am 15.06.2015 um 15:08 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
Hi Andreas,

not sure if you got replies. So a few thoughts on my part: I don't
like it. There are too many colors, fonts (size and style), areas that
I get a clue what it stands for. Sorry for the harsh criticism, but
I'm German :-). Seriously, it might be a good start point for discussions.

You are invited to propose some concrete improvements. I wrote that it
is in a pre-pre-alpha status.

* I guess this page is intended to provide extensions, but templates
as well?

Yes, mentioned this already on the mailinglists. I'll create two Plone
addons (currently only the one for extensions is developed to usable
state / not finished).

* Is it supposed to be opened primarily from LO start center?

Currently I don't plan to change the link from the extension manager of
LibreOffice to the start center. That's not the focus of my project but
maybe a topic of the design/UX team and the LibreOffice developer.

* What use case do people follow? (You provide so far 1. Filter (app,
version, rating) 2. Submit and 3. Browse sort of inspiration (most
recent, most popular...). In this respect, where do users start?
(Navigation through your page should start top left and go tho bottom
right)

We have different users of the website:
a) contributors
b) 'consumer'

If you like you could provide a screendesign (image) or work directly
with HTML/CSS. Happy to get some input here.

* Is there access to different sites? (Home tab, Search input).

It will be one website (not two like in the current state) with one user
base and two areas (side by side) with different search results etc.
* Do you want to be international?

The site and the addons support internationalization by design. It's
also possible to translate every content item in different languages.
Plone supports a lot of them (and the addons could do so too).

* Are there different tasks/use-cases and if so which is there a
preference?

Yes, see my explanation above.

Starting with a vision, scenario, and requirements makes the creation
of a layout easy later. For instance, if <5% of the users do not know
what log-in is good for this function could be hidden by moving it
into a menu. Having a consistent layout and branding (libreoffice.org)
makes the page familar and feel users at home.

I'm not sure if our users don't know about the log-in feature. But you
could draw a sketch and we could discuss and get some steps further.

Hope that helps,
Heiko.

PS: White on (toxic) green is not easy to read. Green (background) and
blue (links) bites each other.

We doesn't have this green/white combination on libreoffice.org, do we?

The blue links are only a pre-pree-alpha state. It's very easy to change
colors in CSS.

Regards,
Andreas

--