Hi Jay,

Jay Philips schrieb:
Hi All,

Last friday we had a design session where we began working on reworking
how inserting a chart will be implemented. The session was productive
but unfortunately we (Heiko, Steve, and I) werent able to complete it
and so this friday we hope to do so.

It would be nice for individuals with knowledge of the chart wizard to
provide their feedback in the google doc and it would be highly
appreciate if you could also join us in the next session.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z1IBeqKnscoODgFDNm81iDnwkzxce92sEsYuMggnTDQ/edit?usp=sharing

The distinction between "chart in Writer" and "chart in Calc" is not accurate. Instead, the point is, whether the chart has its own data or whether data is linked to a table. You can have a chart with its own data in Calc and a chart with data linked to a table in Writer.

It is not so easy to get chart properties into the sidebar, because the chart module has no sidebar yet. Do not forget, that a chart is a distinct office document and is inserted into the other documents as OLE. So you have to distinguish between the properties as OLE object and the internal properties of the chart.

Kind regards
Regina