On 01/31/2015 10:33 PM, Robinson Tryon wrote:
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 9:58 PM, Jay Philips <philipz85@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

As ux-advise bugs are not supposed to be affecting the QA bug count, the
new bugzilla doesnt permit me to change its status when creating a bug
report.
Hi Jay,

I did some tweaking of the config in Bugzilla 4.4.6 to make sure that
bugs would default to UNCONFIRMED when filed, and the simplest method
was to make UNCONFIRMED the only choice for a newly-created bug. You
can always create the bug, then change status to NEW afterwards. Or do
a bulk-change, if you're filing a bunch of reports at once.

From my understanding, the difference I saw on the backend is related
to changing bug workflows that have been introduced to Bugzilla in
modern versions. We can try to bring back the ability to set bugs to
NEW during filing, but I think it's worth our time to also take a look
at the suggested workflow in Bugzilla, and see if we might wish to
adopt it.
So - just my two cents here. I'm not a big fan of changing our workflow
- ours works, mostly everyone is happy, devs seem to get it, QA gets it,
documentation explains it, etc... etc... it's kind of like "why reinvent
what already works."

Best,
Joel