Hi Stuart, thanks for your response.

I understand what you say to me, however I will be more clear with what I propose.

The current operation of the ruler in Writer comes from a typewriter, and since the creation of
word processing (software) has become a standard feature. Using margins, tabs, etc. must be
maintained, either for advanced users or users accustomed to these characteristics (its functions
can be covered by other like styles).

The following are the items that seem "outdated". (I have not found information on their
origin).The metric in the left margin is inverse, but the right margin shows the continuation of
the central measure.Graduation measure is unclear (centimeter, inch, etc), the ruler is small and
metric marks are central and small, and the numbers are large.

In Word the rule is similar, but is still poorly visually clear. This is offset to show the
real-time measurement moving margin lines or adjusting the metric markings (for higher precision).
In our day few of us who have used a typewriter, beyond seeing them in photos or museums, so I
think the design of a traditional tape measure is a good choice.

ProposalKeep tabs, margin, etc. function legacy -WriterIncrease height ruler, put the metric
markings on the bottom (graduation) and measure numbers at the top. (Like tape measure) -Writer,
Impress, DrawThe measure of the rule is continuous (including margins) -Writer, Impress, Draw

The last point is reaffirmed today the first use Pages (iWork). Using Pages, I realized that a
child who has used a ruler (pocket), can understand the ruler in your word processor (without
losing functionality).While my comments were about Writer, for Impress and Draw a ruler as
proposed, would help greatly improve the workflow in such applications.

I hope you understand, thank you.

Bastin Daz