Hi Mirek, all,

good to see your initiative!

Personally I think there are indeed two problems you try to solve:

1. Responsibility:
It is good to have people taking responsibility, e.g. who can be asked
concerning certain topics, who organize that work is been done within the team
and who can identify and promote points that need to be changed in order to
enhance usability as a whole. So I fully agree with your idea on assigning
responsibilities.

2. Direction:
The 'dictatorial artists' on the other hand I think is not such a good idea.
Large projects like LibreOffice are slow tankers - it takes time to change
things substantially. Direction should hence not be given by a (possibly
frequently changing) person in charge, but by some kind of directing
documentation (Styleguides, Visions, Personas, ...). This documentation of
course has to be constantly updated, but decisions should always be taken in
reference to this documentation - providing a constant direction in the
development. I assume this is what you mean by

I feel like we don't have the basics down

Just my 2 cents. Perhaps it helps to structure your thoughts.

Keep up the good work!

Björn