Hi all,

so, I previously wrote something about wanting all-Vegur logos. I wanted
to try too... and it turns out, the numbers of that font looks sort of
bad...

So, at first, I wanted to recreate Safwan's image, with a lighter
document shape and maybe a less quirky BERN. However, Safwan had already
promised to try to come up with something lighter and I ultimately
decided it was harder to recreate his ideas than to create something
original. I created some own logo ideas.

They do not contain anything Bernese, since all I could think of was
[1], and I don't like dogs. I could say though that I went for Swiss
design look rather than including Berne realia.
The logos don't reflect the branding guidelines to the letter (textured
logo, margin between document shape and content, and usage of document
shape and logo in unusual lockup).

Still...

Proposal 1, with slightly quirky of the use of the motif:
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofx9zruzgc3dmdc/liboconf14logo.png
  (The contrast is a bit problematic, but it works for me on white, and
  also it is okay on black. It won't work on much in between) -- [2]

Proposal 2, dark version of P1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw0y392dbaankm2/liboconf14logoproposal-dark.png

Proposal 3, more compact, with a little Swiss flag perched in:

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/Public/libreoffice/conf2014proposals
- -- [3]

What do you think?

Astron.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernese_Mountain_Dog

[2] source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vybaz5w89iltnb1/liboconf14logo.svg
  You may need to install the font Bebas Neue from
    http://dharmatype.com/dharma-type/bebas-neue.html

[3] source:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6l8ov0o3wtytes/liboconf14logo-swissflag.svg