[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] User research, Icon-Testing et al.
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] User research, Icon-Testing et al.
- From: Björn Balazs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:16:55 +0200
- To: email@example.com, Anne Arundel Locker-Thaddeus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
first of all, sorry for hopping on and off communication every now and then. I
did have some limits in time and I really needed to make up my mind about how
to start the User Research topic. I think I have an idea now - and will most
likely have some more time next weeks or so.
So here is the plan:
I am looking for some people that join me to improve the icon-set based on
evaluating the icons with our end users.
I would like to try this approach, because
- we can change the iconset easily and are not much dependent on competencies
we do not have within our community (but yes, your different skills are
- we create quick and visible effects in the real world that help to motiviate
- Icons really could use some love ;)
- we can simply start to add other user research questions easily and together
find a fitting approach, and perhaps together gain new experiences.
As a tool for doing the work with, I would like use userweave  which
basically is a aGPL-based  service hosted by my company. We use and develop
this tool to use it for our consulting work. So we take care for it running,
and we keep it free of cost for Free Software.
Communication will still take place here (or if there is need for it: on
another LO-Mailinglist) and everything will be openly visible for everyone.
Anyone who is interested to participate in this initiative please
- register in userweave  (sorry, there is a bug displaying some
confirmation page and the activation mail in German always - please simply
ignore the first page and click on the link in the mail you get sent to finish
- join the discussions.
After signing up you have to fullfill the first remote usability-test:
Become a registered guest in the Public Project "LibreOffice".
If you need any help, simply mail me privately. If you succeed, please also do
so ;) - I can then make you member of the team.
I will kick-off actual work on this project in a seperate mail.
P.S. To put it clear: This software is still in a beta state. You will
experience bugs and you can help to improve the software simply by reporting
anything strange to the github-project . We try to fix.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] User research, Icon-Testing et al.||"Mirek M." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] IRC chat
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] [IconTesting] - What to test?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Are you okay with those new default styles?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] User research, Icon-Testing et al.