[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] IRC chat
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] IRC chat
- From: "Mirek M." <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:56:06 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it for today's IRC chat, which will
take place as usual.
As for topics:
- Astron could summarize the discussion on the ESC call and give an icon
- You should look at submitted templates , start screens , and splash
screens , go through our design principles  to see if they're
followed (and, if not, see if we can tweak the submissions to follow
them).* Then try to agree on the solutions. With templates, make sure to
substitute Liberation fonts for the fonts that were originally used and,
when judging, take filesize and topic-independency into account (the more
general the topic, the better -- e.g. in this sense, "Lush Green" is better
than "DNA"; the smaller the filesize, the better).
- Discuss a new default template for Writer. Given the feedback on the
proposed one, perhaps this should be a whiteboard-based community effort
rather than a closed one. At least we should make a list of things we want
to accomplish/fix with this new default template before it's designed.
- If you have the extra time, you could look at the tentative designs for
whiteboards and look at what can be refined. And perhaps now we could get
back to the color picker...
* I have a reservation about "ux-consistency" -- it's quite vague and may
promote bad UI in the spirit of familiarity. I'm not sure how I'd phrase it
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Are you okay with those new default styles?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] User research, Icon-Testing et al.
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] IRC chat
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] IRC chat