[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] "Document Saved" indicator
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] "Document Saved" indicator
- From: Jean-Francois Nifenecker <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 17:02:25 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Le 31/05/2012 21:29, Kohei Yoshida a écrit :
There is another reason for that. Document not only store its content
but also view properties, but a change in the view properties doesn't
trigger a document modified status. Here, view properties include
things like (in case of spreadsheet) active sheet, cursor position, zoom
But quite often you want to store the view properties after they've
changed, and always enabling the save action allows this. Disabling the
save action when the document content is unchanged even though the view
has changed is IMO quite unfriendly in this regard.
Also, it's IMO wrong to trigger a document modified status on view
I beg to differ.
A document is either changed and needs saving or is not and... doesn't.
Conversely, if changing a property needs saving, then the document *is* changed.
Also, the majority of applications that *I* personally touch always
enable the save icon. Obviously there are some personal variations with
Anyway, the save action should trigger some feedback when it is done. The "button disabled" or "toolbar message" both convey that information.
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] "Document Saved" indicator||"Mirek M." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] "Document Saved" indicator
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] "Document Saved" indicator
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] "Document Saved" indicator
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] "Document Saved" indicator