[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] All at once?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] All at once?
- From: Tobias Bernard <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 21:32:12 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
while we are talking about money: how much money would we need to get the
new UI done in, let's say, 2 years?
i think there are are many people out there who would donate a lot of money
if they knew they'd get a new UI anytime soon. we could, for example, start
a kickstarter campaign and raise money with one clear goal, such as: a new
UI in 2013 (example).
of course, the changes to the UI could be done gradually as mirek said
several times and some functions could be available earlier, but having a
clear goal would certainly change the way people look at the issue.
from the experiences other free software projects have had, i'd say it
would be possible to raise 200k or similar with such a campaign, if there
was enough media coverage. additionally we could also look for sponsors
(companies, governments, etc) to raise some of the money.
what do you think?
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] All at once?||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-design] All at once?||Andrew Pullins <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-design] All at once?||"Charles-H.Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-design] All at once?||Andrew Pullins <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] The Start Center artwork
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] The Start Center artwork
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] All at once?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] All at once?