[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template
- From: Christoph Noack <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 01:45:01 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Hi Bernhard, Jaron, Ivan, Björn, ... :-)
Some days ago, I promised to help with the icons - thus I re-read all
the feedback provided so far, and put together another proposal for
The design is heavily based on the work by Bernhard, so please expect
some familiar look ... on the other side, the devil is in the details.
I've run into some problems when I worked on the different sizes,
therefore I had to adapt some details which took quite some while ;-)
But you may first want to have a look at it, right?
Am Mittwoch, den 05.01.2011, 00:23 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
> Hi Jaron, *
> thanks for your comments!
> Jaron Kuppers schrieb:
> > I am not able to try my hand at anything at the moment but I would recommend
> > you try horizontal binders, similar to the small icon. Perhaps a gradient
> > can give the binders a 3D ring effect.
> If anybody has the time to volunteer for a first draft of one or another
> binder image (sorry, Jaron, that you can't :-( ), this would be great!
Here is some more information, e.g. the changes in comparison to
Bernhard's last design proposal ...
Document / Application Icons
* Document Symbol (basis icon):
* Shadow added --> matches (at least a bit) the icon
guidelines of the different platforms
* Resized background within symbol --> avoids problems for
template icons and for the different icons sizes in
* Removed "inner shadow" filters --> avoids alien look,
solves some problems for small sized icons
* Application Symbolism (Writer):
* More "block style" text with thicker lines to match the
rest of the (too) strong Document Symbol
* Picture "landscape" is manually drawn (the last one
seemed to be a traced photo) --> harmonized color
palette better matches the LibO style
* Document Symbol:
* Binders and a tear-off edge have been added (the "in
between" proposal Bernhard asked for?)
* Colored contour according to the application color -->
more consistent in my personal point-of-view
* Gray area within the document symbol
* Application Symbolism: Same like before, but some transparency
added (75%) --> mimics the ODF icons behavior and works better
with the gray background
* Highly reduced complexity (incl. adapted application symbolism
for 16px version)
* No shadow --> each icon uses maximum height
* Accent colors are used for the applications --> more vivid
* I'm totally unsure if the HC icons will work --> Does anybody
have some experience with that? Help appreciated ...
* Each of the document icons is adapted to it's size and thus
pixel-perfect (at least, I've tried ...)
* Only few color gradients used --> eases work in Inkscape
And some points I'm not that happy with:
* The TDF symbol is still very strong and the derived icons might
look a bit alien on some platforms. But, it will work for one or
two releases and it'll help us to spread the good TDF news :-)
* The layout of the document symbol and the application symbolism
is a bit unbalanced, although (or because) I've reserved a fixed
rectangular area for it at the bottom.
* High Contrast version of the template icons are not that
distinctive. It might help to change the basis symbol, but then
we get "incompatible" with the TDF icon we chose initially.
What do you think, might that work?
Anybody who might join to bring some life to the rest (quite some
number) of icons?
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/design/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template||"Mirek M." <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Design Contribution help
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template