[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - first draft ready for discussion
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - first draft ready for discussion
- From: Bernhard Dippold <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 18:44:50 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Ivan, *
thanks for your suggestions :-)
Ivan M. schrieb:
A few brief comments...
On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Bernhard Dippold
Hi Christoph, all,
just to inform you with a short notice:
I tried to create a small image to be added to the Writer icon.
Please have a look here - it is just a very first draft...
I uploaded a new version to the same file (if it still looks the same, please refresh your browser cache...).
Some more ideas to improve it:
* Text lines length and spacing (showing header - perhaps still over the
image -, more distance between paragraphs and so on).
If the larger icon is going to have more lines, then I would recommend
that they be justified so that the right border of the image lines up
with the end of each line of text.
Done - except of the last line in every paragraph.
Also, the width disparity between the image border (thin) and text
(chunky) is a little jarring: we have a rectangle with high detail
contained in it surrounded by blocky, low-detail elements. I would
suggest something similar to the new high-res OOo 3.3 icon in terms of
It is not as detailed as in the 256px version you refer to. But the 128px version in http://odftoolkit.org/pages/ODF-Icons is a bit more comparable.
My picture is smaller to prioritize the text (same reason not to use columns). The picture itself is detailed enough for 256px icons - perhaps we need to reduce the contrast between dark and light (snowy) areas on the mountains.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/design/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Review of progress on the libreoffice.org website and theme
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - first draft ready for discussion
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - template