Hi Astron,

2012/4/12 Stefan Knorr (Astron) <heinzlesspam@googlemail.com>

Hi all,

I'd like to propose some more changes to the Whiteboard Template, see here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Astron/Whiteboard_Template

So, what has changed:
* under Summary, there's now some instructional text (it's incomplete,
but that's a feature, I wanted to be brief enough)

I'd prefer to keep the current summary, basically because it's a good
example of what a whiteboard summary should look like -- a single sentence
that precisely summarizes the purpose of the whiteboard. "What is a
whiteboard?" is answered in the "Definition of terms" section.

The warning to "not use whiteboards for discussion" isn't really of use for
whiteboard creators, but rather for people who want to discuss the
whiteboard. I think the sole link under "Discussion" makes it clear enough
for all whiteboard visitors that all discussions take place on that link.
BTW, even people that are not subscribed to the list can post, so there's
no need to use the "Talk" page on the wiki.

* the listed States have do now use primarily nouns

ok

* there are some changes of colour for the State and the Scope table

I like the stronger colors, but I'd prefer to have a red "Out of Scope"
header. As LibreOffice doesn't have a red color among its marketing colors
(oddly enough), could you make up one? Orange just doesn't have the same
"DON'T do this" warning effect.

* there is now a sub-head called Owner

I disagree with whiteboards having an owner. The creator of a whiteboard
should take good care that he defines the purpose and the scope of the
whiteboard. Once that is done, the whiteboard belongs to the community.
That means that only if the community agrees can the scope be changed, and
that links to bugs, relevant art, and proposals can be added by anyone in
the community. It also means that nobody has a superior vote to the rest,
which makes the design process more democratic.

* there is instructional text for Related Bugs, Terminology, Personas,
Relevant Art

I think the content of these is self-explanatory if you present examples of
this content. Again, I'd prefer to keep the whiteboard template looking
like a whiteboard. (The "Tentative Design" section hasn't been designed
yet, that's why it uses descriptive text.)

What do you think, can I go ahead and change these things?

Astron.