- What happened to me last time is that I was asked my credit card PIN
(not the CVV, but the PIN that you need for getting money from an ATM).
While that might be common in some countries, it isnt in others, so take
care of having your PIN with you.

Just a precision. The problem here is that many shops don't have any
more the signature forms and if you don't know your PIN, you might be
not able to use your credit card for paying. But then, some shops still
manage to use signature-only formulas.

Beware, PIN and CVV are two different things. Please, never ever ever
ever give anybody your PIN even if you feel like the person is extra
super nice. This country is a paradise but we still have some evil
persons that are naturally not from here roaming around :)

F.