Le 03/12/2014 10:38, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe a écrit :

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Thanks for this info. Actually I wonder how LO behaves with voiceover, that is, is it possible to
browse between toolbars, in the menus, the dialogs, etc. For example, is it easy to handle styles
and charachters formatting?

The question is asked to me by a blind user to do tests. I am aware of the lack of resource for
this architectuure, but I wonder if someone tested anyway;

I guess the best person to ask would be V Stuart Foote, who is on this
list and would probably know more about day-to-day assistive technology
support than I. I literally only turned on VoiceOver two days ago to
test a few bug reports that I saw had come in.

I have no idea for example :
 - whether one can navigate with voice commands within LO on Mac ;
 - whether one can dictate text, data, insert files, videos, etc into LO
documents, or manipulate database information within LO on Mac using
VoiceOver.

Not all of the dialogs seem to be fully VO enabled. An example appears
to be the Templates dialog. Although I can open this from the menu File

- Templates with VO, the dialog will only let me navigate through the
buttons on the Documents (Writer) tab, i.e. if I want to switch to
Spreadsheets, Drawings or Presentations, I don't seem to be able to do
this, no matter which combination of keys I use.

I imagine that there are similar non-enabled dialogues with the same
difficulties.

Another example, the Database Creation wizard dialog is completely
useless. The only thing the VO navigation keys allow the user to do is
move between the bottom set of buttons, i.e. Help, Next, Finish, or
Cancel. You can't cycle through any of the radio buttons or other
elements of the dialog that would allow you to select an existing
database, create a new Firebird datababase, or choose a particular db
driver connection type for example.

Alex