Hi :)
Sorry!!  I didn't realise you had replied off-list! :(  Please try to use
"Reply to all" rather than just reply in future!

To all:  Kevin's answer indicates that
1.  he is using Windows.
2.  the file worked in Open Office 4.1.x probably 4.1.0

We are not sure which version of java bridge is being used.  Is there a
default one?  Does Open Office 4.1.0 use one?

The file might have started life as a MS Office file, probably an Excel
file but probably using the older MS format, .xls rather than .xlsX.  We
are not certain what format it is in at the moment.

Any tips and tricks would be welcomed!  Has anyone on this mailing list
dealt with similar issues?  Any pointers or nudges in roughly the right
directions or even just ideas on what might be worth trying (even if that
turns out to be wrong) would be great!

Good luck all and "happy easter" to those who celebrate it (and everyone
else too).
Regards from
Tom :)

On 13 April 2014 20:17, Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@googlemail.com