Robert,

Yes the program  is not handling  correctly.   With an Operating System  High Contrast mode
selected, and the check boxes on Tools --> Options --> Accessibility  "Options for high contrast
appearance"   e.g. the  --Automatically detect high contrast mode of operating system-- , --Use
automatic font color for screen display--, and --Use system colors for page previews--  check boxes
are not functioning correctly.

It affects both LibreOffice 4.2.0.2 and current builds of master branch.

Fortunately, it is easily adjusted across all components.

Open Tools --> Options --> Appearance  and on the General panel -- change the "Document background"
(alt-b)  from Automatic to a color of your liking, and  also the "Font color" (alt-F)  to a
contrasting color of you liking.

I'll open an Bugzilla issue on this and we should be able to get the automatic behavior adjusted at
some point  in the 4.2 development cycle.

Not critical, but could you let us know what  operating system you are using, and which version of
LibreOffice were using? When did you first notice that the automatic settings were not adjusting to
a high-contrast configuration.

Stuart